The Hetty Thomae Youth Scholarship was established to recognize the talent and potential of Upper Valley youth, specifically in the area of theatrical arts. The $500 scholarship is awarded to a graduating high school senior pursuing her/his studies in theatrical arts and/or music. The scholarship is named in honor of Hetty Thomae whose vision, energy, patience, and perseverance insured the success of many NCCT Youth productions. The award is not based on need, but on the following criteria:
Criteria and instructions:
Applications must be received by April 1 for the award in June of that year.
The applicant must:
- be a graduating high school senior.
- have been involved in at least one NCCT production (Teen or Adult).
- agree to write an article for the NCCT Newsletter on how the award was used.
- Plan on pursuing an undergraduate degree in Theatrical arts and/or music or another related field.
The applicant should:
- Include contact and education information: Name, date of birth, address, phone, email, high school, college attending (if known), anticipated major/minor
- provide two recommendations, at least one from a teacher. (Recommendations from NCCT Board members will not be accepted.)
- provide a list of all the shows s/he has been involved with from 6th grade to the present and in what capacity.
- respond to the following questions (essay not exceeding one page): How has theater helped you to grow as a person? Is there an aspect of theater with which you would like to experiment? What are your goals for continuing theater involvement? How will you use this scholarship to help you achieve these goals?
Applications should be mailed to:
Hetty Thomae Scholarship
PO Box 462
Lebanon, NH 03766